Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The first post

So here I am in the world of bloggers. Doesn't look so different! Not sure if I'll have much to say but I'll give it a go ;)

If you're following the Olympics, maybe you've been wondering, as I was, why some are calling the place Turin and some Torino. Sure, it's simple - Torino is the Italian name. Along the same lines as Roma is Rome and Firenze is Florence. So, if we're to use the correct name, we should use Torino. But wait, it's not quite that simple. Turin is the capital of the region of Piedmont and the Piedmontese (correct me if that's wrong) name is Turin. So if we're to use the really correct name, we should say Turin. Confused? Yeah, me too. Either way, I'm enjoying the Olympics.

1 comment:

LoisLane said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! :)