Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The second post ;)

So I've got moving on my mind lately. I can't talk about it in front of the kids though. James practically puts his hands over his ears, Maya gets obsessed, Becca wants to do it yesterday. I guess I could talk about it in front of Christa, she doesn't get it anyway.

Matt will be finished with his courses sometime in late April. He's making noises about the graduation ceremony but for pete's sake, does he need to take part? I feel like a meanie though, I think he wants to do the whole thing. For my part, I'd rather he had a J O B than be paying to have someone hand him a piece of paper.

Getting back on track, we'll be moving after he's done. Don't know where, don't know when. I'm leaning toward California, but there are so many complications. I feel bad, a little, about taking the kids away from their friends and Bob. Not enough to stay here and have Matt make less than half of what he could make elsewhere though. Mercenary, yeah, but having a home that is a little more appropriate for the size of our family is an even bigger part of it.

I'll be posting more about this, just wanted to get some of it out there.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hugs Cherie! You know, despite the rain, Oregon has a lower cost of living and we're pretty nice people here :)

Penny said...

Cherie...you just need to move a province over...join ME in northern Alberta (pretty please???)
(((hugs)))