Monday, February 20, 2006

Whatever!

I am sooooo tired of "news" reports about Brad and what's her name, or Jen and what's his name, or any of the supposedly so much better than everyone else celebrity types. I really don't want to know who is marrying whom, who is pregnant by whom and who found who cheating. For pete's sake, Britney Spears was photographed driving her car with her baby on her lap and someone else in the passenger seat. What was done about it? Oh, nothing, after all, she's *Britney* and she "made a mistake". Ugh. If I did something that ridiculously stupid, you can bet the police wouldn't bat an eye if I said I made a mistake. The charges brought against me would pale in comparison to the fact that I would more than likely have my baby taken away by child protective services. Just because a person is well-known or well-paid, they get away with things that we mere mortals know are wrong. Wrong is wrong no matter who you are, and when it gets right down to it, we are all going to have to answer for those things we have done.