Monday, March 27, 2006

Getting a little panicky

And yes, that really is a word (had to look it up). It's the very last week in March. Dh has his first final a week from today. He's almost done school and I have no idea where we will be going. He NEEDS to find a job right away, we have no income once he's done. Of course, we have almost no income now, so that won't be so different. However, I know how easy it is for him to spend all day doing nothing, so I'm picturing him sitting at his computer, surfing for new music or Reuters Oddly Enough stories. I have to be careful not to say too much to him, I don't want to sound like all I care about is him making money but let's face facts, without it, we're toast. The other side of the panic problem is that we need to do something with this place. It's got a bunch of cosmetic work needed, a bunch. Floors need replacing because they're marked, ceilings need replacing because they're worn out. Carpet in the living room has been ugly since I moved in here. The roof needs some work too, nothing major though. The steps dh built need painting. Oh, and the shower surround needs replacing. We are so not the handy types. Anyway, the point is that all this work would need doing before the place could be put on the market, so that's $$ as well. *sigh* Thanks for letting me get that out!

6 comments:

hapimumTo3 said...

Oh sweetie I know the feeling of wanting to get things done and not having the money to do it.

I'll be thinking about you and praying that you hear about a job soon.

Michele said...

HUGS!!!!!!

LoisLane said...

Sounds like you've got a lot on your mind and on your plate. Vent away hon!
HUGS!!

Heather said...

Wow Cherie... That is a lot to deal with right now. I pray that you guys get the right wheels turning so you can get to the place you need to be!

Karen said...

HUGS! I'll be praying for a fast job offer, and some good inexpensive fixes for the house.

I agree with Traci, you have a lot on your plate... vent away!

Sharon said...

Well, I certainly understand this one - I'm sure given the choice my husband would stay home and play Everquest all day (sigh). My answer to this? I find the jobs online, etc. and send them to him to apply to them. Maybe I'm making it easy, but damn we need the job. Lots of luck sweetie.