Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Warm up those voices, folks!

How about a rousing round of Happy Birthday? Come on, sing out! It's my birthday, I'm now officially "forty-something". It wasn't so bad being 40, but f-s is something else. I am not young anymore, to anyone but my mom. And I think she has her doubts. I have plenty of gray hairs, plenty of wrinkles (laugh lines, haha), wobbly upper arms and creaks and groans galore. I do not have age spots, but that's because I have so many freckles that they blend in ;) I like the line from Bon Jovi & Jennifer Nettles' duet - "There isn't one of these lines that I would erase." Yep, I've earned them all and I'm proud of being me. Old and all.

:D

3 comments:

Penny said...

Hey I missed your birthday - WE missed your bday! I just turned 35 and realized how close that is to the big 4 - 0! Ack, it is just a number...lines and all. Did you do anything special to celebrate? We certainly didn't! ROFL! That's ok though...
Take care
Penny

LoisLane said...

Age is just a number. And I know how young at heart you really are. :)
Hope you enjoyed your day!

Michele said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!