Monday, April 03, 2006

Brace yourself, I'm gonna whine...

My computer is going away! Whaaaaaaa!! I was just getting over the weeks that I had to share it with the kids (read James 'cause he's a puter hog) while their computer was dead, and now mine has to go to the computer hospital :( It's minor, one of my speakers isn't working which really doesn't matter to me as I usually use headphones anyway, but as the sound card is the culprit and the sound card is part of the motherboard, that means that something more crucial could go on me as well. Dh called the manufacturer - it's still under warranty, yay! - and we have to ship it to ONTARIO. For those not familiar with Canadian geography, it's three time zones away!! So for at least two weeks I will be begging computer time from dh & the kids. Ugh. I'm going to back up everything on my hard drive so that, if they mess up I won't lose anything. But I'll miss *my* computer. I know, get over it, at least we have other computers so I won't be offline totally AND it is covered by warranty so we won't be out of pocket. Gee, way to ruin a good whine by looking at the bright side :\

6 comments:

Heather said...

WHEW! At least you DO have a way online... that scared me at first. We cant be Cherieless!

Karen said...

Guess you'll have to do online stuff while the kids are in school... yeah, being Cherieless would be bad... very very bad.

LoisLane said...

I agree - what would we do without you????
Hope your "baby" comes back quick.

Jill said...

ooh, Cherieless, that's the stuff nightmares are made of! You might survive, but we most definitely would NOT! LOL Glad to hear you'll be with us, even if it will be a pain to not have your own 'puter!

hapimumTo3 said...

You better not go away totally and if the kids or Matt don't let you on let them know they'll have 20+ angry women on their hands.
*HUGS*

Kim said...

Oh we can't be Cherieless. Better fight Matt and the kids for that computer.