Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I guess it's official, I'm a parent

Only took me 15 years to admit it :P Remember when you were a kid and you said, even if only to yourself, that you would never treat YOUR OWN KIDS the way your parents treated you? Oh yeah, we had all the answers when we were younger. Hahaha. Some of the things that I have found coming out of my own mouth and I have no idea how because I swore I never would say them:

~~As long as you live under my roof, you'll live by my rules. (pathetic, as if we really want our 12 year old to move out)
~~Don't yell! (said at top volume)
~~I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it. (not me, it's dh that says that one, but it fits in here too)
~~Be nice to your sister/brother. (yeah, sure)
~~Why did you do that? Didn't you know it was wrong? (there is no answer for this)
~~Because I said so, that's why. (my very favourite)

I'm sure there are other gems but I can't think of them off hand. Guess my brain is too petrified due to advanced age.

3 comments:

LoisLane said...

My personal favorite is "this house is a dictatorship, not a democracy" ;)

Karen said...

If you don't stop that whining and crying, I'll give you a reason to whine and cry... Um... obviously, they already have a reason or they wouldn't be whining and crying, right?

Heather said...

Hehehe!!!