Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Blather

Why don't we use that word anymore? It's cool...try it. It rolls off the tongue and sounds exactly like what it means. Cool.

Why do people spell the word center like this: CENTRE instead of the proper way? It looks dumb. Doesn't make any sense to me, though dh keeps trying to convince me that the "re" spelling is the Canadian way. Excuse me, I am the Canadian in this marriage and I have never spelled it that way and don't plan to start now, TYVM.

I could devote a whole bunch of blog posts to the differences between Canadians and Americans but why bother? There would be one of two reactions from those who read it...either they would argue that *they* weren't like that or they wouldn't believe that Canadians can actually tell the difference ;)

Ted Dekker's series The Circle. Why did he end it like that? I think he needs to write another one and finish it. I can't get the characters out of my head, guess that's one sign of a really good storyline.

Now that I think about it, saying blather makes me think of Pooh, who says Bother but in the same way that I say blather. Which has nothing to do with anything, but there you go. Blather.

7 comments:

LoisLane said...

You are too funny.
Do all the thoughts rambling in your head ever get scared of each other? ;)
Hugs!

Queen Bee said...

*LOL*

Thanks, I think.

*LOL*

Karen said...

Just LOL... at Loislane, and you. You mean the people who randomly stick the letter u in words like color and favor don't spell it centre?

Queen Bee said...

Ugh Karen. I admit, I spell them colour and favour, but centre is just plain wrong wrong wrong. That's sentry for goodness sake!

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.