Tuesday, June 06, 2006

And another thing...I said, AND ANOTHER THING!!

Just gotta keep Heather busy when she's in recovery (not that she's there yet but she will be and I don't want her to get bored).

My dad is deaf. As a post. He lives in the middle of nowhere by himself. Two dogs, two cats, but they don't answer him when he talks. He called here this morning when he got to the dock (he came across Georgia Strait in his motorboat to pick up some stuff) and when I arrived at the dock to pick him up and drive him around, he said, "Was that you on the phone or Matt?" He can't tell the difference. Oh, what am I saying, he can't even tell when he's leaving a message on the voice mail rather than talking to a live person. It's very draining to have a conversation with someone who keeps guessing what you're saying and gets it wrong 99.7% of the time. And no way will he learn sign language - "I'm too old for that stuff!" He does have a hearing aid. Not sure what happened to the second one but he does have one. However, it was his father's and is quite out-of-date. Sigh.

3 comments:

LoisLane said...

Hugs. Is it possible to get him a newer hearing aid that works better? That has to be frustrating for everyone.

Queen Bee said...

Why bother? This one works just fine. What? You need a banana? What for? Huh? Speak up!

Heather said...

You are awesome! I was just wondering what I was going to do this afternoon... and went DUHH BLOG! ;) *HUGS* Hopefully your dad will get a newer aid.. that must be frustrating ;)