Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Okay, deep breaths

I can't take much more of this! *LOL* The buyer keeps dragging her feet on getting a notary, ugh. Here, the title and all that legal stuff is done by notaries or lawyers, not by the realtors. So, yes, we each need our own notary (they're cheaper, nothing against lawyers ;) haha). Well, she finally agreed reluctantly to get one and surprise! They're so booked up that the closing date had to be moved from September 1 to September 8. Okay, I can handle it. That just makes it a little harder for Matt to get us a place, but he will still have a week, right? Today, my realtor told me we need to move the closing date AGAIN because the buyer didn't send back the application to live in this park quickly enough for that two week thing. She wants to close on the 13th. Uhhh, I don't think so, I have already booked the moving truck for that day, I don't need to be banking and such on that day as well. So, it's the 12th now. Poor Matt, he's having a fit about it but what can we do? Looks like that apartment may not be possible, he may be scrambling to find something in the three days in between closing and our arrival. I have faith it will come together. Right? Right??

8 comments:

LoisLane said...

Hugs. It'll all work out - because I said so. Busting out the chicken bones again. ;)

Heather said...

Man I wish you were here.. we have notary's on every corner and they are free!!!

Lara said...

*hugs*

Why can't Matt just get the apartment and have it before you get there?

Queen Bee said...

Lara, it's a money thing ;) The cash from the sale of the house will cover the first & last and all that fun stuff.

hapimumTo3 said...

Gee this buyer would have me soo upset by now. I can just imagine how nervous you and Matt both are.
*HUGS*

Karen said...

Ugh...
guess it's too late to smack her huh? Cause I will. ;)

Good luck, deep breaths, and lots of prayers and Hugs!

Karen said...

Ugh...
guess it's too late to smack her huh? Cause I will. ;)

Good luck, deep breaths, and lots of prayers and Hugs!

Lara said...

Ahhhh, yes, I understand the money thing. If we didn't have a money thing we would have bought another house and moved by now. Much easier to keep a house show-worthy when you're not living in it.