Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yet another roller coaster post

Don't you wish my life was boring and predictable? I think I would like to try that for a while. Ready for the latest? Matt was waiting to hear from the HR rep, and she had fallen at work and wrenched her back, right? Well, he called the office yesterday morning and was told that she is still off and that another HR rep would be calling him later in the day. Okay, good. Well, a different rep called him and told him that they "decided to go with another applicant". What??? After telling him at the interview that he was hired, talking to him the next week and saying the confirmation of employment was in the works, now they tell him, 12 days later, that he doesn't have the job after all? Arrrrrgh!! Meanwhile, he turned down a job offer or two while waiting for the paperwork to go through. Talk about frustrating :(

FYI, he called one of the places that he had turned down and they haven't hired anyone else, so he is going to "iron out the details" on Thursday at 5pm. I'm scared to count on this one, just in case :P

And the packing continues...

12 comments:

Karen said...

They did WHAT?! How awful. Lots of prayers that this one comes thru and that everything falls into place.

Huge Hugs!

hapimumTo3 said...

Wow it is a roller coaster for you. Hope the other job works out for Matt.

Queen Bee said...

Karen, thus his MSN tag :P

Jill said...

WHAT?!?! That is terrible! Goes beyond rudeness when it is someone's living at stake.

HUGS!!

Kim said...

Holy crap Cherie. I hope and pray this works out for him. I can't believe they did this to him.
huge huge hugs,
Kim

LoisLane said...

So awful. Hope the other job comes through and everything flows smoothly from here. HUGS

Michele said...

Oh my!!!!! How awful :P and let Matt know, he's not the only one. This happened to me (before kids). I was offered the job, then the VP decided he didn't like me and he had never even MET me! But it turned out to be for the best. Hope it all works out!

Heather said...

Oh my word... that is mental... GRR.

We will be praying! But you know what... I did have a feeling this job that he had wasnt "the one" for him... I cant explain it but I even told Jake. LOL Strange

Katrina said...

How discouraging! I know that's such a blow. I remember all the tension and stress when Paul was job hunting. But it sounds like you have peace underneath it all. Hang in there!

Lara said...

WTH?! Jiminy. Fingers are crossed.

mama2one said...

Hey Cherie!! I was lurking on the message board and found your blog. I just started one too. Sounds like life for you is a little....hectic? Keep your chin up! ~Dana & Emily

Allyson said...

WOW, how frustrating! I do hope this other one pans out!

Allyson