Sunday, October 22, 2006

Maya, Gowb, Lola and Perdy

Unlike the infamous Millie, Hazel & Jeannie, these really exist. The latest members of our family. I think I've lost my mind. We have Tamagotchis. It started with Becca, the one thing that she requested for her birthday was a Tamagotchi. Enter Maya. Yeah, same name as Becca's big sister, she said she panicked and couldn't think of another name. It gets a bit confusing with Maya, Tama-Maya and the downstairs neighbour Maya. So much for a unique name ;) But I digress. Why do we have more than one? James designated himself the official Tama watcher, he took Becca's to school with him to take care of it during the day. So I got him his own - Gowb. Apparently there was a cat on a cartoon that bit a person and that was the sound it made while biting. Yes, he's using cartoon sounds for names. Maya pouted when James got one so tada, it's Lola! I couldn't stand it for longer than another day, so I have Perdy. Ooops, forgot, Lola is likely named that for the main character on Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen but Maya won't admit it. Perdy is a nod to my oldest who, when I was pregnant with my second, told me in all seriousness that, if I had a boy it should be Pongo and a girl should be Perdy.

4 comments:

Heather said...

LOLOL About Pongo and Perdy ;) Love 101 ;)

LoisLane said...

Too funny! And hey, at least there's not litter box to clean. ;)

Allyson said...

Yes, those are the best kind of pets, low maintenance!

Woman with kids said...

We have two of these at my house, all they seem to do is poop. Or at least, that's all that entertains the Boys.