Thursday, October 05, 2006

October anyone?

You can have it if you like. I'd skip it if it wouldn't scar my third child. We can't miss her birthday, after all, SEVEN is her favourite number. I'm sure that is a new thing, I don't remember her mentioning it before oh, last week.

Why don't I like October? Okay, I'll admit it. It's Hallowe'en. Not my thing. Not at all. I'm not a fan of finding the "right" costume for each kid. I don't have anything against dressing up, I'm just not into the zombie cheerleader type of thing. It bugs me. Big time. The other problem I have is the candy. I don't mind having a whole bunch of it in the house, sorting through it to make sure it passes my safety inspection, no problem with that either. I'll even help them eat it *LOL* The problem part is how much it costs. Oh my gosh. The stores really do raise the prices of it, I'm sure of that. But even more than that is my fear of *gulp* r u n n i n g o u t o f c a n d y

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!! Maybe if I don't type it properly, it won't happen. Deep breaths, Cherie! Okay, I really do worry about that, seriously. I would really hate to have to hide in the dark, ignoring those hungry children knocking at my door with their zombie cheerleader costumes...

Did I ever tell you that I wasn't allowed to "do" Hallowe'en as a kid? I'm sure you could have guessed that though :P

7 comments:

LoisLane said...

Do you think trick or treating will be as busy at the apartment as it was at the house? Maybe you can get away with less candy this year. ;)

Lara said...

Oh, I love halloween! But the trick-or-treat thing weirds me out a little more each year.

Sharon said...

Ok I have to disagree with you on this one. LOVE Halloween, always have. Going to pick out costumes over the weekend - including one for me :)

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

LOL, you would have to mention the zombie cheerleader thing when that is what my beloved teenager went as last year, much to my dismay. But I figured if that's her worst rebellion... and kept my mouth firmly shut, even helped ketchup her head. ;)

But I can't say I'm a fan, either, and since I'm on a real no-sugar kick, that's going to bug me, too. Again, I'll firmly shut my mouth. They are healthy; a few days of gorging on sweets isn't going to kill them (nor will they notice if half of it disappears to other t-o-t'ers after they go to bed :P). But I do love October... fall weather, and two birthdays for us!

UGH! HOW am I deleting these posts? STAY, post, STAY! I'm tired of retyping. LOL

Heather said...

I am with ya Cherie... not my idea of a good month... tho my anniversary IS in this month so maybe its ok LOL