Friday, October 13, 2006

Update type post for those who might want to know

Christa is 4. Is 4 fun? I'm not sure yet, but I think it's pretty good. She puts on her own seatbelt in her carseat, so that's a plus. I still have to undo it when we get where we're going, that's a bigger plus (wouldn't want her unbuckling and dancing around while I'm driving). Christa spends most of her day waiting for Becca to come home from school. Doesn't seem to bother her though, it's just the way it is.

Becca will be 7 in a few days. The party is all she can talk about. How many days until the party, who is coming to the party, where is the party...in case any of us has forgotten, she tells us over and over. And over. Guess I'd better figure out a cake, some goodie bag type thing to give the kids after (yeah, I'm giving them something, just to make them leave at the end of the party) and a present for Boo from us. Btw, Becca is doing very well in school, no adjustment at all from French to English, surprising. She's reading, writing and of course doing math like there's no tomorrow.

Maya is in middle school. She was born for middle school. All that socializing, giggling and multiple best friends. She's in her glory for sure. We have had trouble with her tenor sax though. Took a really long time and several phone calls from her music teacher and me to the rental place before they finally sent it (cashed my first cheque without hesitating though!), then it didn't have a ligature with it...guess she should just hold the reed on with a spare finger? Oh, duct tape! The other fun aspect of Life with Maya is the moods. Oh my goodness, and I have TWO MORE girls to go through this fun stage. Joy.

James is good. He is doing well at school, doesn't care to make friends there though. He says they're all dumb. Must be tough being so brilliant, James :P

There ya go, all the kids. The other thing to update on is immigration and I have no idea what to say about that. Matt has mailed the first forms, as far as I know. I think. Maybe. Probably. Most likely. Perhaps.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like things are going well. So, is Becca having a party? LOL!

HUGS! Hope the immigration stuff happens fast!

Lara said...

Good grief. If I were anywhere near Reno, I would be tempted to go boot Matt in the tushie. File those forms faster, man! And let your wife know what the heck is up!

Any parties there? ;)

Heather said...

Well... he is so close to CA... the procrastination must be rubbin off.. FASTER MATT FASTER ;)

I hope he filed them *HUGS*