Saturday, November 11, 2006

I knew this day was coming

Maya has a date. Yeah, a boy asked her out. To a movie. And he's paying. Well, he has a coupon/gift certificate/something like that, but still. She is T-W-E-L-V-E. I told her she could go as long as it wasn't just the two of them, so one of her best girlfriends is going along. Not the one that would have sat in between Maya and the boy ;) I'm so not ready for this. But, funny fact - I was in grade 7 when I went on my first date. To a movie. I don't remember what the movie was, but I do remember the boy. His name was Raymond. He had no last name. Raymond, if you're out there, thanks for the popcorn.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Please let me know how it goes... and I'm not telling Nikki...

Lara said...

Yikes! Elodie will be twelve in January and I don't even let her babysit yet. lol.

Hillary said...

OH OH OH! This sounds just like MY first date! I was 12, too, maybe 13. But I was in grade 7. His name was Eric Pellicer. We went to a movie - we saw Hook - and my mom made us go "in a group." My friend Sorrel came with us, I'm sure wishing she was somewhere else. His dad picked up up and dropped us off, and I was sooo nervous.

Ah, yes. Fun times.

LoisLane said...

Oh wow!!! I'm years away from that and soooooo not ready. Hope she has fun, but not too much fun. ;)

Christi said...

I remember my first movie. I was in 5th grade - Space Invaders. I don't remember much of the movie because we were too busy trying to figure out how to hold hands without actually touching.