Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's shoebox day tomorrow!

I love this time of year!! Here in Canada we don't have the official start to the Christmas season that our American friends do...if we started in mid-October, well that wouldn't be a good thing, let's just say that. After all, Christmas decorations are already up way too early for some ;) Anyway, seeing as we don't have a November Thanksgiving OR a Black Friday, my Christmas season starts with Operation Christmas Child. Franklin Graham's organization, Samaritan's Purse, oversees this wonderful international effort to bring some joy to children who live with poverty, war, disease and natural disaster. What better thing to get me in the spirit of Christmas than to shop for a shoebox? This year's offering, like some of years past, was too much for the size of the shoebox. I crammed everything I could in there though, and I trust that the young girl who receives it (I chose 5-9 yo girl as the category this year) will be blessed by the contents, and the love that it was packed with.

No comments: