Monday, November 20, 2006

Sometimes you just have to stamp your foot a bit

And then say, "It's just not fair!" Maybe even throw in a whine or a pout.

Went shopping with Maya today for something Christmas-y. Of course, her last year's dresses don't fit, she's growing almost every day. And my stuff doesn't fit, because I've lost more than 40 pounds. Oh, btw, I can't wait until I can say 50! Ooops, almost got off track. Tried a few stores, their selections were so pitiful that we were both getting discouraged. Maya was able to find things to try on but the ladies' section didn't even have that much. So, off we go to the store Maya wanted to visit - much more trendy, ya know. Maya found a stunning red sparkly dress (with a, to me anyway, stunning price tag) in a size extra small and I swear that her dad is going to cry when he sees her in it. The where did my little girl go and who is this young lady in front of me type of crying. I also found some clothes, a black skirt and a much more sedate red top, so we were all happy, right? Well, mostly, here's where the foot stamping comes in. After working hard for several months and losing that weight, I had to buy size large. Yeah, large. *sigh* Any other store, I wear a small or maybe a medium, but not the trendy one. I know, as Maya told me, its demographic (though she didn't use that word, I will have to tell her that's the right one) is different and the sizing is for smaller people. I think I'm going to get a Sharpie and change the L to an E. Doesn't mean anything but at least it won't say Large anymore ;)

7 comments:

Christi said...

I completely understand- that is why I quit shopping at American Eagle.

Heather said...

LOL What does E stand for... My Excuse?

tee hee!

You know you are a small and that is all that matters :)

Busy Mom To My Three Men said...

I think the E can stand for Extra-Special and we want to see pics of Maya in this dress.

Hillary said...

Arg, that's why I hate shopping for clothes! They're out to make you feel crappy, I tell you! It's REALLY fun when at certain stores, I don't fit even the EXRA LARGE sizes. I'm NOT extra large. They should really think about that. I don't buy clothes from stores that make me feel like a hippo!

I like the "E" plan! Good thinking!

LoisLane said...

E for extraordinary. :)

Katrina said...

Yes, I hate when they do this! That store Rave is a good example. The largest thing they carry would be labeled small in any normal store. Arrgh!

Anonymous said...

L is for lovely..... :-) -- Lydia