Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Microsoft, what is your game now?

The latest operating system, Vista, has some interesting fine print to it. Apparently "this agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights." So it isn't MY o/s, it's Microsoft's. Nice. And "Vista intentionally degrades the picture quality of premium content when played on most computer monitors." So those Blu-Ray and HD-DVD movies and such won't look so good. Thanks.

Dh says, "Next time, make mine a Mac."

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/175801

3 comments:

Michele said...

DH is a smart man :D

Anonymous said...

Jake says he has heard some stuff about Vista... and is not impressed. And I have to post Anon cuzz it wont take my password LOL

Katrina said...

Oh, man! I hadn't heard this! Paul just bought me a new laptop (early anniversary gift) and rather than equip it with the new Vista O/S, I opted to keep my familiar XP. The upgrade comes free whenever I'm ready for it, but with news like this, maybe I'll hang on to my old O/S until they stop making updates for it.

Stinky.