Saturday, January 20, 2007

Postal "service" indeed

Not sure which country to blame for this one, so I'm just airing a general grievance. Canada Post & United States Postal Service, you can share this one!

I got two pieces of mail today...today is the 20th of January. One was mailed December 18, the other December 19. Yep, both over a month ago. The one from the 19th was a Christmas card from Richmond VA, with the proper postage on it (actually more than needed, she just put two US stamps instead). The other one was one of those wonderful picture cards so popular these days, with the exact postage, mailed from somewhere in PA. I can't read all of the postmark, due to the big dirty footprints all over the envelope. Yes, boots or maybe running shoes. It was bent, practically folded. You can imagine the condition of the picture card. There is even a hole in it, looks like someone pinned it up on a bulletin board before deciding that maybe they should let it continue its journey to me.

Sheesh.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

hmmm.... maybe I could cite this story when I try to blame the postal service for those Christmas cards I never sent... it would make my story so much more believable! :D

Karen said...

Ugh! Hey, look at it this way... Christmas isn't over yet... :)

Anonymous said...

Trust me... the Richmond post office just had a hard time figuring out where Canada is located! :)

Ho Ho Ho! Jen

Heather said...

Oooooooooh my goodness.. that should be illegal or something! I am sorry that the post office is nuts... both of them!

Kim said...

Was it our card?

Queen Bee said...

Oh, no, Kim, it was Jilly's. Good thing her kids are cute :) And hey, Heather, yours was mailed on the 13th and arrived today. In pristine condition though!

Hillary said...

Hey Cherie! I haven't seen you around for a while! Is everything ok? Hope you're just out whooping it up!

Thinking of you! :)