Monday, February 26, 2007

The end of an era

Just feeling a bit sad and nostalgic, there is no more breastfeeding for me. Yeah, I know she's a lot older than most, but that's what EBF families are like. Christa forgot how to nurse, she's done. Bedtimes are not fun around here now as I wrestle with the best way to convince her that it's time to sleep. She'll get it, I know, but I miss my reading time ;) Four kids, two rounds of tandem nursing and a combined total of 13 years, 9 months of breastfeeding. Oh. my. gosh. THIRTEEN years, NINE months. I guess I can see why I am a bit sad, that's a big chunk of my life. Good memories :) No, I'm not going to say it, the joke is way too old!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Big huge hugs! I remember how I felt after only about 2.5 years...

Queen Bee said...

Thanks Karen :) I was beginning to think the B word was a kiss of death or something...all those views and no comments! *LOL*

Heather and Iona said...

Well hon, it's all good. You gave lots of your life to this... you have every right to be sad... *HUGS* This too shall pass. And I dunno the joke... LOL

Queen Bee said...

Heather...memories/mammaries...*groan*