Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I blame it on the rain

No, not the Milli Vanilli song :P Although that dumb tune has been running around in my head way too often lately. It's spring break here and today is windy and rainy and chilly - blech. True spring weather in this neck of the woods unfortunately. The kids are stuck in the house while their jackets are hanging to dry (grandma tried her best to get the mud stains out and they can't go in the dryer), Becca only has one real jacket that could withstand more than a light drizzle. And it's sure no light drizzle outside! Anyway, back to the mood. I woke up this morning with a blinding pain in my neck. Go ahead, laugh, I'll wait. Done? Okay. At the very tippy-top of my neck, right where it meets my skull, just a horrid pain. It's finally gone now but for a while it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. But I'm tough, I went ahead with the plan for the day. Cleaning. Not cleaning cleaning, the junking out of great masses of papers cleaning. Took a bunch of recycling to one of our local sites, a bag of clothes nobody wears to the Sally Ann and a couple bags of just plain garbage to the dumpster. The girls even cleaned their room! James is on the honour system with me, he said he would get his done today. I may have to give him a gentle reminder soon. In other words, threaten to withhold dinner until it's done ;) Hey, now that I've typed all that, I feel less glum. I did get something accomplished today! It's still raining and that song is still in my head but I'll work on that one and I won't look out the window for a while *LOL*

6 comments:

Hillary said...

hehehe... so long as you don't start blaming the blaming of the rain on me! ;) That song was in my head for days after I posted it, it was terrible. I'm hoping it's not back now! Maybe I'll have to blame the blaming of the rain on you! (huh?)

Yeowch, I'm hoping that neck pain is done for good! That's no fun. But what IS fun? purging your house of great gobs of garbage! I really need to do that at my house. So much so that I was opting for perhaps not gonig on my trip so I could catch up on stuff at home. Silly, silly me.

ok, this comment is looooong. I'm gonig now.

Yay for getting stuff done! Yay for no more neck pain!

LoisLane said...

Go you!! My latest cleaning tactic has been to put stuff in boxes and then stash the boxes in the basement. Oops. But it's stuff I'm just not 100% sure I can part with yet.

Katrina said...

Way to go! I keep pushing back the inevitable spring cleaning; I hope I get around to it before it becomes summer cleaning, because that's nowhere near as inspiring!

Heather and Iona said...

Spring cleaning... ahhhhh! Good luck!

Hillary said...

Hopefully you haven't been victim of a spring cleaning misshap... I miss ya! Hope all is well! :)

Queen Bee said...

Thanks Hillary, sorry I was so quiet. That is so NOT like me ;)