Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hoppity hoppity hop

That's the sound of me jumping through hoops. It's almost showtime, ladies & gents! Immigration finally sent me "the packet" and I have a list of stuff to photocopy, track down, pay for, etc. The big one on my list is the physicals. We have to go to Vancouver for them - the oldest two need them as well as me. Well, hopefully. We're counting on getting Becca & Christa their US citizenship, just not sure if we can hold off on that until we are settled in Reno which would save us a bit of money in travel for Matt. Anyway, back to the physicals. As James is 16 and considered an "adult", he and I each have to pay $275 for our exams, xrays & blood tests. Maya gets off with just an exam at a paltry $125. The silver lining is that it's Canadian funds. Haha. The trip to Van will cost us in travel and hotel and such, oh about another $300. And we haven't even paid the processing fee to the consulate yet, that's $100 x 3 (and that one is US). Oh, and did I mention that the doctor wants cash or a money order? As if I would carry that kind of cash around the downtown area of Vancouver. I'm not that naive. So big adventure next week when I leave the youngest two with the grandparents and take off to the big city! After all the months and months of waiting, it's all happening way fast now.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Aurg... if I had a bigger hosue I'd GLADLY say you could stay with me! I jsut have a lil one bedroom suite though. I live really centrally located. Phooey! :( But yay that things are getting rolling!! :)

Queen Bee said...

Awww, Hillary, you're sweet! We'll be staying downtown somewhere. Any chance you might want to grab some dinner with us on Tuesday?

Karen said...

Woo Hoo! It is all happening so fast now that it's decided to happen!

Heather said...

HOORAY!!!

Hillary said...

That would be so fun!!! My funk class is on Tuesdays, so I'll be downtown already. It's from 6:30-7:30. I could make it before or after (after as long as you don't mind me possibly being a little sweaty! hehe. Don't worry, I'll bring pretty smelling things to douse myself in!).

Email me and we'll work something out!! Woohoo! So fun!