Saturday, October 06, 2007

Feelings...whoa whoa whoa...feelings

It's like I'm at a 12-step meeting or something, I'm standing up and admitting something here - I am homesick. I miss my parents, I miss my friends, I miss my old churches, I miss my Valley. I miss KD (not that I ate it, but my kids did!). I miss Smarties. I miss Cadbury chocolate. I miss home.

This weekend is Thanksgiving "at home" and I am not there to have turkey with my parents. My mom cried and so did I when we talked about it on messenger. They are inviting friends so they won't be alone, but it sure won't be the same without us, she said. We are going to have a turkey dinner too, we've invited some friends and I hope that I can get through it without breaking down. I wasn't a crier until fairly recently :P

Re-reading this, I realize it might sound like I don't like it here. I do like it, it's a nice place with great people, plus that not so little fact that my husband is here *LOL* It's just been a hard couple weeks and I'm not over it yet. I'll get there.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Huge Hugs Sweetie! I can't imagine how hard it is to uproot from friends and family to move to a completely different country. We're here for you anytime, I have broad shoulders for you to cry upon.

Heather said...

I understand COMPLETELY about the homesickness.... more then you know. I have one friend here... and some homeschool "friends" that might be friends later... but just one... and she lives 45 minutes away. It's easy to get homesick... *hugs*

Lara said...

Hugs! It's got to be hard. It will get better with time, and you'll figure it out. And in the meantime, you've got us.

LoisLane said...

Lots and lots of big hugs!