Monday, October 08, 2007

I think I found a cure

Turkey. Turkey and mashed potatoes. Oh, and pumpkin pie didn't hurt either.

I feel much much much better today. We had a delicious dinner with great friends. I've only known these people for a couple of months and it feels like I've known them for years, I hope you've been blessed with those kind of people in your life too. Anyway, dinner was awesome, the company was comfortable and family-like, it was a really good Thanksgiving for me. My mom emailed me in the morning, which made me cry. Surprise! Actually, it was a good tear or two, not the sobbing type. I know that technically Thanksgiving is today (in Canada of course) but we've always celebrated on the Sunday.

Btw, when I say "family-like" I meant without the squabbling and disagreements that way too many family functions seem to include these days.

Turkey sandwich for lunch definitely!!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Mmmm, sounds like you had a great time :) I have a turkey thawing in the fridge for later this week, so we'll have turkey sandwiches right along with ya!

LoisLane said...

I firmly believe turkey fixes many things. So does pumpkin pie.

Heather said...

Oooh I am a firm believer in Turkey too... and prayers. They go hand in hand ;) (HUGS)