Friday, October 12, 2007

The pumpkin patch

I've often heard parents talking about taking their kids to the pumpkin patch, camera in hand, for many it's a seasonal tradition. But I'd never been to one myself, until today. Christa's K class and the other two K classes used their bingo money to pay for the busses and admission so we set out with two teachers, about 80 5 or so year old kids, about 25 parents and assorted younger siblings. I had a great time :) We helped the kids choose a pumpkin each, went on a hay ride and navigated our way through a corn maze. Then we sat down on some huge pumpkins for a teeny bottle of water and, if you wanted one, a bag of chips. What a fun time. There were also a few farm animals in a corner but not as part of a petting zoo, they mostly just tolerated being looked at ;)

So now I've been to the pumpkin patch and I can relate a bit better to Linus van Pelt.

*disclaimer - I know the orange font looks pretty terrible with this template but it's about pumpkins, for goodness sake!

2 comments:

Michele said...

So glad you had fun! With 3 fieldtrips to 3 different pumpkin patches coming up next week, I'm sure I'll be very glad when Halloween is over ;)

Heather said...

It's the great pumpkin Cherie Brown! ;) LOL Glad you could see our crazy tradition ;)