Monday, April 28, 2008

The big question around these parts

"So, did you feel the earth move?"

Get your minds out of the gutter, people! Yeah, I worded it that way just because I thought it was funny but tremors really are on people's minds right now in the Reno area. Seems we've had over a hundred seismic episodes over the past few weeks. The biggest was 4.7 on Friday night and I think I read right that it was the biggest to strike since 1953.

Now, I did feel it but honestly, it wasn't all that big of a deal to me. True, we're about 15 miles from the epicenter. My sister in law who's about four miles away from it was much more shaken up by it than we were. Haha, I made a funny. Sorry, got to take them where I can get them.

We're due for a bigger one, according to about half of the so called experts. The other half say the small ones are releasing the pressure and that's all we'll get.

We'll see. I'll keep y'all posted!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I thought I heard a WEEEEEE! Today ;)

LOL

Stay still... errr safe? Either way ;)

Minivan Mom said...

Stay safe out there, I read you might be headed for a bigger one.

I tagged you on my blog for a meme!

Tracy "Ace" Paige said...

So you moved from one fault line to another eh? Hahaaha.