Thursday, April 17, 2008

So, I have this friend

This friend of mine moved last year. She didn't just move a few blocks or across town, or even an hour or two away from home. She left her city, her country behind. It hasn't been easy for my friend. Many things are different in her new home, many things are the same. As "they" say, people are people anywhere you go. It has been tough for my friend to adjust to her new home and the hardest part is missing those she left behind. Thankfully, there are other friends that she brought along with her when she moved, those who are still a few clicks of the mouse away. My friend has really appreciated emails, instant messengers, message boards, blogs and sites like facebook.

Just thought you might like to know a little about my friend.

6 comments:

Pillsbury said...

Aw! Cherie! Sending you a hug! :) It's good when you post, I like hearing from you! Sorry I haven't been the best commenter...

Praying God continues to help you settle in, make connections, and gives you lots of good contact with those you left behind.

Hillary said...

Oh, whoops, that was me, posting under a different blog account. Oopsies!

Lara said...

I have a friend like that, too. She's a pretty special gal. :)

Queen Bee said...

Whoa, Hillary, here I thought I was being stalked by the Pillsbury Dough Boy for a minute! Whew!!

And thanks Lara - mwah!! Wait, you meant me, right? Hmmm...

Lara said...

Yes, I meant you! LOL.

Karen said...

Catching up on blogs... I mean working really hard. Yeah, I'm not goofing...

Big hugs! Wish I were closer than a click though... ;)