Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Okay, now it's REALLY summer

Never mind that the temps have been in the 90s for a while now, never mind the smell of barbecues firing up daily all around the neighbourhood, never mind that the kids have been sleeping in every day. It's now summer because it's July. July was always the beginning for me, maybe because Canada Day is the first day of the month, I don't know. I just know that July and August are the two best months ever. Lots of sunny days, plenty of ice cream and burgers, fresh fruit and potato salad. Who could ask for more? Now this year I get to really celebrate the 4th, I'm looking forward to it. It's not the same watching fireworks on tv from the GWN, I'm sure. Hey, I even bought tshirts for all of us. Well, not for James as he refuses to wear one, says that the flag is not supposed to be on clothing. He's right but how do you stop it at this point? Let's just go with it :)

2 comments:

blueeyedchic said...

You never did post on the board how the fireworks were... so how were they???

Queen Bee said...

Well, no offense meant but the ones in Vancouver for Celebration of Light are much much better. I think I was spoiled by that. BUT...it was great to spend that time with dear friends :)